- VLFeat, efficient implementation of several feature detection algorithms including SIFT
- SIFTGPU - SIFT implementation on GPU
- TLD Tracking, Learning, Detection - adaptive object detection and tracking
- OpenCV tutorial on face tracking
- Another OpenCV tutorial on face tracking
- Yet another OpenCV tutoorial on face tracking courtesy of Wilow Garage
- SceneLib Monocular SLAM implementation
- ScaViSLAM Monocular SLAM implementation
- OpenCL SURF Implementation
- Another OpenCL SURF Implementation
- OpenCL tutorial for Linux
- Training free real-tim feature tracker
- Saliency detection algorithm
Another optimization strategy is to use a saliency (areas of interest) detection algorithm and increase rate of the other detectors in the areas with high interest.
I think the approach now is just to get a simple detector up and working, and take it from there.